Does your swim coach....

Former Member
Former Member
...swim at all for themself? Obviously a question for those who have coaches. Odd question maybe, but I’m genuinely curious.
Parents
  • Wow, that would be close to 800 Cal/hour since. Do you believe that? Agreed. 110 is low. 130-140 doing aerobic stuff and 150+ to possibly 170+ doing lactate stuff. I posted the overview of my swim workout screenshot in my blog post today: forums.usms.org/entry.php But to answer your questions: * for my normal workouts, I probably get in 3500 yards/hour. If the watch tells me 700 calories, I'd guess around 550 from just swimming. so I don't think the watch gives me a 100% accurate measurement. I subtract about 10%. * most masters swimmers probably average a HR of 130 for normal workouts. of course recovery, drills, swim yoga, etc. would probably be lower. some more advanced swimmers probably get that up to 160+, while others may indeed by closer to 110. there's more to HR than just the workout though, there could be physical/medical conditions to take into account.
  • Wow, that would be close to 800 Cal/hour since. Do you believe that? Agreed. 110 is low. 130-140 doing aerobic stuff and 150+ to possibly 170+ doing lactate stuff. I posted the overview of my swim workout screenshot in my blog post today: forums.usms.org/entry.php But to answer your questions: * for my normal workouts, I probably get in 3500 yards/hour. If the watch tells me 700 calories, I'd guess around 550 from just swimming. so I don't think the watch gives me a 100% accurate measurement. I subtract about 10%. * most masters swimmers probably average a HR of 130 for normal workouts. of course recovery, drills, swim yoga, etc. would probably be lower. some more advanced swimmers probably get that up to 160+, while others may indeed by closer to 110. there's more to HR than just the workout though, there could be physical/medical conditions to take into account.
Children
No Data