Does your swim coach....

Former Member
Former Member
...swim at all for themself? Obviously a question for those who have coaches. Odd question maybe, but I’m genuinely curious.
Parents
  • The Masters coaches at my pool all swim for themselves. But seperately...not during the Masters' workout. On of them is the holder of several age-group world records. I've always believed that the best coaches were 'average' athletes. But in fact...a good coach doesn't necessarily need to have played the game he/she is coaching. Roger Bannister's coach, Franz Stampfl, was not a runner. He threw the javelin, and was a skier. Bill Belichick played football only briefly in h.s. But, lacrosse was his favorite sport. Dan
  • The Masters coaches at my pool all swim for themselves. But seperately...not during the Masters' workout. On of them is the holder of several age-group world records. I've always believed that the best coaches were 'average' athletes. But in fact...a good coach doesn't necessarily need to have played the game he/she is coaching. Roger Bannister's coach, Franz Stampfl, was not a runner. He threw the javelin, and was a skier. Bill Belichick played football only briefly in h.s. But, lacrosse was his favorite sport. Dan
Children
No Data