Does your swim coach....

Former Member
Former Member
...swim at all for themself? Obviously a question for those who have coaches. Odd question maybe, but I’m genuinely curious.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Well, that's interesting... seems that the majority of coaches still seem to enjoy swimming themselves, and that being a good coach doesn't necessarily require having much of a swim background. I've been considering it for a while. No competitive experience here, do not swim all that fast myself, and I was like, 'if this is what coaching is, then I can coach this class'. When I really thought about it though, yikes! For various reasons, most significantly that I like to swim for myself and there's nothing like turning a hobby into a job, and I don't want to work another job. I'd rather volunteer, but I don't think volunteers are allowed at my facility because of insurance purposes. Anyways it's good to hear that coaching doesn't drain all the joy out of being in the water yourself.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Well, that's interesting... seems that the majority of coaches still seem to enjoy swimming themselves, and that being a good coach doesn't necessarily require having much of a swim background. I've been considering it for a while. No competitive experience here, do not swim all that fast myself, and I was like, 'if this is what coaching is, then I can coach this class'. When I really thought about it though, yikes! For various reasons, most significantly that I like to swim for myself and there's nothing like turning a hobby into a job, and I don't want to work another job. I'd rather volunteer, but I don't think volunteers are allowed at my facility because of insurance purposes. Anyways it's good to hear that coaching doesn't drain all the joy out of being in the water yourself.
Children
No Data