Video Analysis- Backstroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi again, I hope this doesn't annoy anyone but if there's any feedback on my backstroke please feel free to share. This isn't my fast pace; I can sustain this pace for a set of 4X200yds, which is what I was doing although the video is truncated. vimeo.com/250672469 Thanks in advance,
Parents
  • Arrieros, in looking at your stroke from the underwater view, you have a great backstroke overall. In terms of your pull, the structure of the right arm is great - it's the left arm that needs a bit of work. Your left arm anchors well, but pulls too far away from the body. What you will need to work on is learning to engage the left arm more - copying the structure of the right arm pull. Make sure you get a good reach before you start the catch and take advantage of your kick. The single arm drill focusing on the left arm is the best for developing a good overall pull and finish. This is also a great drill for developing the early vertical forearm (in both backstroke and freestyle - backstroke starts at 1:36). www.youtube.com/watch Additionally, I notice that your left arm is crossing over slightly upon entry. Make sure your hand entry is in line with your shoulder. Also, keep working on the kick - I can see an exaggerated knee bend from your left leg. Good luck and keep swimming!
  • Arrieros, in looking at your stroke from the underwater view, you have a great backstroke overall. In terms of your pull, the structure of the right arm is great - it's the left arm that needs a bit of work. Your left arm anchors well, but pulls too far away from the body. What you will need to work on is learning to engage the left arm more - copying the structure of the right arm pull. Make sure you get a good reach before you start the catch and take advantage of your kick. The single arm drill focusing on the left arm is the best for developing a good overall pull and finish. This is also a great drill for developing the early vertical forearm (in both backstroke and freestyle - backstroke starts at 1:36). www.youtube.com/watch Additionally, I notice that your left arm is crossing over slightly upon entry. Make sure your hand entry is in line with your shoulder. Also, keep working on the kick - I can see an exaggerated knee bend from your left leg. Good luck and keep swimming!
Children
No Data