Video Analysis- Backstroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi again, I hope this doesn't annoy anyone but if there's any feedback on my backstroke please feel free to share. This isn't my fast pace; I can sustain this pace for a set of 4X200yds, which is what I was doing although the video is truncated. vimeo.com/250672469 Thanks in advance,
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    No I see it earlier than at the end, almost at the midpoint... but I will slow motion it in my video software.. but you have really good form with the arm.. I just think your hand is too relaxed and not getting as much out of it.. I can't really see the entry from the other video.. so hopefully another angle will help.. I think the entry probably needs some tweeking.. so that you get full extension of the arm.. and get a better catch earlier in the stroke. one thing on the kick. kick like you are trying to keep your knees and feet together.. aaron peirsol has a really great video on the kick and rotation.. you should feel it up into the hip.. so that is good. Ok here's 100yds from the top; easy cruising speed. vimeo.com/250985866 Any feedback appreciated! Including on how to take non-shaky videos.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    No I see it earlier than at the end, almost at the midpoint... but I will slow motion it in my video software.. but you have really good form with the arm.. I just think your hand is too relaxed and not getting as much out of it.. I can't really see the entry from the other video.. so hopefully another angle will help.. I think the entry probably needs some tweeking.. so that you get full extension of the arm.. and get a better catch earlier in the stroke. one thing on the kick. kick like you are trying to keep your knees and feet together.. aaron peirsol has a really great video on the kick and rotation.. you should feel it up into the hip.. so that is good. Ok here's 100yds from the top; easy cruising speed. vimeo.com/250985866 Any feedback appreciated! Including on how to take non-shaky videos.
Children
No Data