Video Analysis- Backstroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi again, I hope this doesn't annoy anyone but if there's any feedback on my backstroke please feel free to share. This isn't my fast pace; I can sustain this pace for a set of 4X200yds, which is what I was doing although the video is truncated. vimeo.com/250672469 Thanks in advance,
Parents
  • the top video if you could reshoot it from a higher angle.. the underwater is actually good video.. work on your kick. keep the legs together.. backstroke needs a fast shallow kick.. and has to be a flutter kick from the hips.. You also don't need that much hip rotation.. the hips with an engaged core should drive the shoulder into the water.. do kicking drills on your back.. either streamlined or arms to the side.. work on shallow fast flutter kicks.. Also your legs are sinking.. can't really see the head position, but it could be head position and core related.. Your pull needs a little work.. you are letting the hand bend a little too soon in the pull.. and letting it flop at the wrist..
  • the top video if you could reshoot it from a higher angle.. the underwater is actually good video.. work on your kick. keep the legs together.. backstroke needs a fast shallow kick.. and has to be a flutter kick from the hips.. You also don't need that much hip rotation.. the hips with an engaged core should drive the shoulder into the water.. do kicking drills on your back.. either streamlined or arms to the side.. work on shallow fast flutter kicks.. Also your legs are sinking.. can't really see the head position, but it could be head position and core related.. Your pull needs a little work.. you are letting the hand bend a little too soon in the pull.. and letting it flop at the wrist..
Children
No Data