Finis Positive Drive fins .... and chafing

So, I recently bought a pair of the Positive Drive fins--site here. I ordered Women's XL b/c the next size up would be half a size larger than my running shoe size. But now I wonder if I should have sized up. I'm not anxious for my fins to fall off, but I also don't like my toes bleeding when I'm finished with a workout. Is there any adjustment I can make of the size I have--or should I bite the bullet and order a larger size. (I'm sure I can find a taker for the ones I have now.) What's your experience w/ these fins? Is there any hope of adjusting the fit so the current ones are more comfortable? Even with Tri-Slide, the chafing was pretty bad. Thanks for any tips! (Or bids, if you want to buy the ones I have--they might be blood stained a little, but nothing contagious lol!)
Parents
  • Stick to fins made of silicone to avoid chafing and blistering. I've been using the DMC Elite fins lately, and they are hands down the best swim fins I've ever used. The Arena Powerfin Pro is pretty similar in design and construction. I've been using the DMC Elite too for a couple of years now and can swim in them all day without a problem. DMC's "Elite" fins are apparently larger than the "original" version. The Elite's are heavy and they don't float. They are Australian deigned and similar in shape to fins used for body boarding. They are a medium length fin (not long or short), and have proven to be very durable. I ordered them on the web from their US importer (I think) and they took a few weeks to arrive. They were not available from my normal swim stuff suppliers, so just google them. The cost is a little higher, but worth it I think.
  • Stick to fins made of silicone to avoid chafing and blistering. I've been using the DMC Elite fins lately, and they are hands down the best swim fins I've ever used. The Arena Powerfin Pro is pretty similar in design and construction. I've been using the DMC Elite too for a couple of years now and can swim in them all day without a problem. DMC's "Elite" fins are apparently larger than the "original" version. The Elite's are heavy and they don't float. They are Australian deigned and similar in shape to fins used for body boarding. They are a medium length fin (not long or short), and have proven to be very durable. I ordered them on the web from their US importer (I think) and they took a few weeks to arrive. They were not available from my normal swim stuff suppliers, so just google them. The cost is a little higher, but worth it I think.
Children
No Data