Historical NCAA Complete Results

Former Member
Former Member
Hi– I work as a student photographer for Vol Photos as well as a manager for Tennessee Swimming. Currently, I am working on our archives, which are immense. In doing so, I am also trying to complete our NCAA Results. Unfortunately, NCAA does not keep archives of the results or they will not release them. I am not sure where else to post this but basically I am looking for NCAA Championship results from every year prior to ~2005. If any of you know of any way/any place I could find these, that would be great. I am working to create a progression of NCAA records over the years as no such list exists.
Parents
  • Hi– I work as a student photographer for Vol Photos as well as a manager for Tennessee Swimming. Currently, I am working on our archives, which are immense. In doing so, I am also trying to complete our NCAA Results. Unfortunately, NCAA does not keep archives of the results or they will not release them. I am not sure where else to post this but basically I am looking for NCAA Championship results from every year prior to ~2005. If any of you know of any way/any place I could find these, that would be great. I am working to create a progression of NCAA records over the years as no such list exists. Please see Thompson, Frank (Skip) :) Just kidding. Skip is our resident expert and can probably cite many of the records off the top of his head. You might try ISHOF. They probably have a progression of the American Records. So if you look up the SCY records, assuming they have dates of performance (and perhaps even location), you may be able to reconcile many of them as done at the NCAA Championships or not. That won't get you fully what you need, though, as there are many circumstances where the American record was not necessarily the winner (e.g. beaten by a foreign swimmer). That's where you'll need somebody like Skip if he remembers if the American record setting performance was the winner or not. Jeff
  • Hi– I work as a student photographer for Vol Photos as well as a manager for Tennessee Swimming. Currently, I am working on our archives, which are immense. In doing so, I am also trying to complete our NCAA Results. Unfortunately, NCAA does not keep archives of the results or they will not release them. I am not sure where else to post this but basically I am looking for NCAA Championship results from every year prior to ~2005. If any of you know of any way/any place I could find these, that would be great. I am working to create a progression of NCAA records over the years as no such list exists. Please see Thompson, Frank (Skip) :) Just kidding. Skip is our resident expert and can probably cite many of the records off the top of his head. You might try ISHOF. They probably have a progression of the American Records. So if you look up the SCY records, assuming they have dates of performance (and perhaps even location), you may be able to reconcile many of them as done at the NCAA Championships or not. That won't get you fully what you need, though, as there are many circumstances where the American record was not necessarily the winner (e.g. beaten by a foreign swimmer). That's where you'll need somebody like Skip if he remembers if the American record setting performance was the winner or not. Jeff
Children
No Data