Stinging skin advise

Former Member
Former Member
Appreciate any advise.. My skin stings when I put on moisturizer (arms, shins, stomach, knees) and I am wondering if the chlorine has something to do with it. There is some itchiness afterwards which I am just about able to control. This happens even after a regular shower, and I am being careful not to use hot water. There are no obvious spots or discoloration on the skin that I can see. And my wife (not a swimmer) complains about the same thing, saying I brought it onto her :) Internet gives different advise - some don't advise putting on too much moisturizer. I am fairly fit ( not overweight or diabetic,) swim 3-4 times a week, 52 years old. This is a recent phenomenon, don't remember having this stinging until this year. I did have a case that seemed like MRSA a year back which went away, That time, I consulted with 3 doctors, and one of the doctors thought it was gout not MRSA. So, what might this be, and his a good skin care procedure folks recommend ? Is this something to be shown to a doctor - given my previous experience, I am not sure if I will get a consistent diagnosis from doctors though.
Parents
  • Curel works wonders for me and I can even use it on my face. After moisturizing try wearing a t-shirt or something to help hold the moisture in. After a couple of applications the issue should subside. If not, refer to a dermatologist because I am not one and I certainly didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (I know the commercial is getting old now but...).
  • Curel works wonders for me and I can even use it on my face. After moisturizing try wearing a t-shirt or something to help hold the moisture in. After a couple of applications the issue should subside. If not, refer to a dermatologist because I am not one and I certainly didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (I know the commercial is getting old now but...).
Children
No Data