Why are there very few Masters Swimmers under 40?

I was wondering why there are so few Masters Swimmers under 40. I've visited multiple swim clubs and noticed very few swimmers under 40.
Parents
  • ...What's a most fun in swimming? Kids summer league dual tri and quad meets on a beautiful summer evening. I'd love to head to my local pool on a weekend evening or afternoon have something like a bar setup for spectators, a crowded deck and have the 2,3,4 or 5 (whatever) local masters clubs square off for team points and light bragging rights. ...Sailing has weeknight races. Towns have summer night 5k race series. Cities have incredibly popular kickball, soccer, and softball leagues after work. Why not swimming?... A "summer league feel" dual meet for Masters could be very fun. Most clubs are quite small so there would have to be an innovative scoring system to compare the quality of swims across ages and possibly genders. Maybe points are earned for getting closest to the NR in your age group on a percentage basis (power points kind of idea). Maybe the losing squad brings the pizza and beverages to the next meet.
  • ...What's a most fun in swimming? Kids summer league dual tri and quad meets on a beautiful summer evening. I'd love to head to my local pool on a weekend evening or afternoon have something like a bar setup for spectators, a crowded deck and have the 2,3,4 or 5 (whatever) local masters clubs square off for team points and light bragging rights. ...Sailing has weeknight races. Towns have summer night 5k race series. Cities have incredibly popular kickball, soccer, and softball leagues after work. Why not swimming?... A "summer league feel" dual meet for Masters could be very fun. Most clubs are quite small so there would have to be an innovative scoring system to compare the quality of swims across ages and possibly genders. Maybe points are earned for getting closest to the NR in your age group on a percentage basis (power points kind of idea). Maybe the losing squad brings the pizza and beverages to the next meet.
Children
No Data