Why are there very few Masters Swimmers under 40?

I was wondering why there are so few Masters Swimmers under 40. I've visited multiple swim clubs and noticed very few swimmers under 40.
Parents
  • This thread got me thinking - are there equivalent organizations in other countries? (Yes, I admit it, I am a newbie about competitive swimming). I read BOWLING ALONE a decade or so ago. It's about how little time for civic engagement Americans have of late. It's showed up in every kind of volunteer project that I have been a part of. I think lots of it is the pressures that workers face here, to produce more and more, to work longer and longer days. Yes, I am sure college "loan" debt and family establishment come into play, but the real low level of true time "off" in the US must affect whether someone can choose how he or she spends that time. If there are masters swim organizations in other countries, do they experience similar membership trends? I guess that's my short-form question!
  • This thread got me thinking - are there equivalent organizations in other countries? (Yes, I admit it, I am a newbie about competitive swimming). I read BOWLING ALONE a decade or so ago. It's about how little time for civic engagement Americans have of late. It's showed up in every kind of volunteer project that I have been a part of. I think lots of it is the pressures that workers face here, to produce more and more, to work longer and longer days. Yes, I am sure college "loan" debt and family establishment come into play, but the real low level of true time "off" in the US must affect whether someone can choose how he or she spends that time. If there are masters swim organizations in other countries, do they experience similar membership trends? I guess that's my short-form question!
Children
No Data