Why are there very few Masters Swimmers under 40?

I was wondering why there are so few Masters Swimmers under 40. I've visited multiple swim clubs and noticed very few swimmers under 40.
Parents
  • KIDS!!! They're up at 6 and have to go to bed by 7 or 8. Until they get to they get to be much more self sufficient, leaving the house before or after work for an adult activity is next to impossible even in two parent households. By the time the kids are in bed and one parent can be free, all the pools are closed. I just added a mid-morning workout group (9:30-10:30 AM) to my team to counteract this. I specifically planned it during hours the child-watch program is open. This allows parents of non-school aged children, who are home with them, a chance to get out and swim. Interestingly, it seems to be collecting another demographic I wasn't expecting: Undergrad & Graduate Students who happen to have that block free from classes. We're not "right next to" any campus, although the 5 college area is within 20-30 minutes, depending on the school, and there's a community college about 10 minutes away.
  • KIDS!!! They're up at 6 and have to go to bed by 7 or 8. Until they get to they get to be much more self sufficient, leaving the house before or after work for an adult activity is next to impossible even in two parent households. By the time the kids are in bed and one parent can be free, all the pools are closed. I just added a mid-morning workout group (9:30-10:30 AM) to my team to counteract this. I specifically planned it during hours the child-watch program is open. This allows parents of non-school aged children, who are home with them, a chance to get out and swim. Interestingly, it seems to be collecting another demographic I wasn't expecting: Undergrad & Graduate Students who happen to have that block free from classes. We're not "right next to" any campus, although the 5 college area is within 20-30 minutes, depending on the school, and there's a community college about 10 minutes away.
Children
No Data