What non-drag swimsuits are best for an athletic 22 yo guy?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm 22 and athletic and in decent shape. I played hockey and baseball all through high school. I've recently joined a new gym that has large indoor and outdoor lap pools. My city also has year round lap swimming (I live in Phoenix, so the weather is right for it anytime). I figure lap swimming is a great way to stay in shape besides being in the gym itself. Plus I want to start training for a triathlon. I just don't know if I should wear regular board shorts to swim, or if they'll create too much drag while lap swimming. I'm not sure what the best swimwear for a male is for lap swimming and training for a triathlon. I need one that won't drag in the water while I'm swimming. Any advice is appreciated.
Parents
  • So I decided to buy two pairs of each for now. I got two Speedo Endurance Jammers and 2 pairs of Speedo / Speedo Endurance swim briefs. I am gonna try both and see which is better for me. Great idea! I'm assuming you joined Lifetime Fitness, and probably go to their location in Gilbert. I lived in Arizona for 20 years, with about 15 years in Chandler. You really should check out Mesa Aquatic Masters: www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp Paul and Laura Smith run one of the best (perhaps the best) masters programs in the country. There is a place for everyone, from those just beginning to swim, triathletes, open-water, and even some recent college swimmers still in their prime. Shoot me a PM if you need any other ideas for swimming in the area. I also ran/cycled at different points so may be able to help there too.
  • So I decided to buy two pairs of each for now. I got two Speedo Endurance Jammers and 2 pairs of Speedo / Speedo Endurance swim briefs. I am gonna try both and see which is better for me. Great idea! I'm assuming you joined Lifetime Fitness, and probably go to their location in Gilbert. I lived in Arizona for 20 years, with about 15 years in Chandler. You really should check out Mesa Aquatic Masters: www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp Paul and Laura Smith run one of the best (perhaps the best) masters programs in the country. There is a place for everyone, from those just beginning to swim, triathletes, open-water, and even some recent college swimmers still in their prime. Shoot me a PM if you need any other ideas for swimming in the area. I also ran/cycled at different points so may be able to help there too.
Children
No Data