What non-drag swimsuits are best for an athletic 22 yo guy?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm 22 and athletic and in decent shape. I played hockey and baseball all through high school. I've recently joined a new gym that has large indoor and outdoor lap pools. My city also has year round lap swimming (I live in Phoenix, so the weather is right for it anytime). I figure lap swimming is a great way to stay in shape besides being in the gym itself. Plus I want to start training for a triathlon. I just don't know if I should wear regular board shorts to swim, or if they'll create too much drag while lap swimming. I'm not sure what the best swimwear for a male is for lap swimming and training for a triathlon. I need one that won't drag in the water while I'm swimming. Any advice is appreciated.
Parents
  • Get a jammer. They look kind of like cycling shorts. That is what 90% of the people I see lap swimming wear, and what I wear. You don't want to do any lap swimming in anything loose for two reasons, one is drag and the other is, um......let's just say you don't want things moving around while you are kicking. Don't get a lychra one, they fall apart very quickly. I'd go to a swim or tri shop and try on a few to find one that fits you well.
  • Get a jammer. They look kind of like cycling shorts. That is what 90% of the people I see lap swimming wear, and what I wear. You don't want to do any lap swimming in anything loose for two reasons, one is drag and the other is, um......let's just say you don't want things moving around while you are kicking. Don't get a lychra one, they fall apart very quickly. I'd go to a swim or tri shop and try on a few to find one that fits you well.
Children
No Data