Master Games?? Is it competitive?

So I don't have the funds to make it to LCM nationals and I was wondering if anyone did the Master Games last year in San Diego. Is it fun? Is it as fun as nationals? Is it set up well and organized? Is it competitive? Just wondering thanks!
  • Have a look for yourself. Participation varied by age group. www.greensboroaquaticcenter.com/race-results I didn't have time to stay several days, but it looked like they had some nice events scheduled. I guess it also depends on how close the other sport locations are to the swimming venue.
  • Last year it was in Greensboro, NC. It was very fun and very well-run. The attendance was lower than you'll find at nationals, but i don't see any reason they can't grow it. It was a very positive experience.
  • I went to the masters games in Greensboro as well. In addition to the swim meet, there were multiple outside the pool activities including concerts and an athletes with food, massage, games, even drinks in the evenings. While there were not a tremendous number of athletes, it was my impression that there were plenty of fast people there. I would certainly give it a 2 thumbs up.
  • I competed at the Master's Game's in Greensboro! It was fun, very well organized, and the medals were amazing. I felt like I was at USMS Nationals with slightly less swimmers in attendance. I think San Diego would be an amazing venue plus I'm guessing attendance might be up since California is a mecca for swimmers!!
  • From the results - yes it seems speedy but with fewer heats if each race.