practically speaking

Practically speaking, how long does it take for one to drop their time in a given event? For example, my best 50 free (scy) is 42 seconds. How much time can I expect to drop in the next, say, 6 months? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to all this and thanks in advance!
Parents
  • In my first meet, I did :40 for the 50 free. I had started in the water and had only learnt how to do flip turns 2 weeks before. I took 3 breaths per lap :blush:. I was swimming about 2k for 6 days. Since then, I was "promoted" to a faster lane who did all the sets that the coach gave, I was swimming about 3k for 6 days. Was more confident in my flip turns, and I got the opportunity to practice diving in. Exactly 2 months after my first meet, went back for my second meet, did the same 50 free event, and I got :35. I took 3 breaths total the entire time :applaud:. Today, its another 2 months after my second meet, and I feel like I could get another PB. I am able to reduce it down to 2 breaths total and have been practicing my underwater kicks. I too want to go down to the low :30s, and am aware that there are a lot of things I can work on to get better. But I get lazy. When the coach tells me to correct something, I will work on it during the warmups, but when the set comes, I completely forget what I should correct and try to keep up with my lane mates :drown:. And I personally don't have the time and motivation to practice on my own. So I think it is definitely doable, but it's going to me a while...:waiting:
  • In my first meet, I did :40 for the 50 free. I had started in the water and had only learnt how to do flip turns 2 weeks before. I took 3 breaths per lap :blush:. I was swimming about 2k for 6 days. Since then, I was "promoted" to a faster lane who did all the sets that the coach gave, I was swimming about 3k for 6 days. Was more confident in my flip turns, and I got the opportunity to practice diving in. Exactly 2 months after my first meet, went back for my second meet, did the same 50 free event, and I got :35. I took 3 breaths total the entire time :applaud:. Today, its another 2 months after my second meet, and I feel like I could get another PB. I am able to reduce it down to 2 breaths total and have been practicing my underwater kicks. I too want to go down to the low :30s, and am aware that there are a lot of things I can work on to get better. But I get lazy. When the coach tells me to correct something, I will work on it during the warmups, but when the set comes, I completely forget what I should correct and try to keep up with my lane mates :drown:. And I personally don't have the time and motivation to practice on my own. So I think it is definitely doable, but it's going to me a while...:waiting:
Children
No Data