practically speaking

Practically speaking, how long does it take for one to drop their time in a given event? For example, my best 50 free (scy) is 42 seconds. How much time can I expect to drop in the next, say, 6 months? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to all this and thanks in advance!
Parents
  • At :42 for 50 scy you don't qualify as a newbie anymore :). Aw, thanks, that made me smile! Thank you. Yes, I do swim 2000 4 times a week! However, my masters group isn't coached so I'm on my own but I have 2 great resources at my pool but they're there for their workout and don't have much time to help. I ask them for help occasionally. I record myself from the balcony and underwater to see what I'm doing wrong/right and see improvements. I do quite a bit (30-45 minutes) of strength and core work after each swim. I just don't want to get my hopes up and make only teeny progress. I'd like to get into the :30s for my 50 free. Thanks again for the encouragement!
  • At :42 for 50 scy you don't qualify as a newbie anymore :). Aw, thanks, that made me smile! Thank you. Yes, I do swim 2000 4 times a week! However, my masters group isn't coached so I'm on my own but I have 2 great resources at my pool but they're there for their workout and don't have much time to help. I ask them for help occasionally. I record myself from the balcony and underwater to see what I'm doing wrong/right and see improvements. I do quite a bit (30-45 minutes) of strength and core work after each swim. I just don't want to get my hopes up and make only teeny progress. I'd like to get into the :30s for my 50 free. Thanks again for the encouragement!
Children
No Data