practically speaking

Practically speaking, how long does it take for one to drop their time in a given event? For example, my best 50 free (scy) is 42 seconds. How much time can I expect to drop in the next, say, 6 months? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to all this and thanks in advance!
Parents
  • Practically speaking, how long does it take for one to drop their time in a given event? For example, my best 50 free (scy) is 42 seconds. How much time can I expect to drop in the next, say, 6 months? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to all this and thanks in advance! At :42 for 50 scy you don't qualify as a newbie anymore :) Try to get into the pool for up to 2-3000 yards about 3+ times per week (4 or 5 if you can work up to that) and it will help with your conditioning. More importantly, to improve efficiency you need good coaching and workouts that develop efficiency and avoid grooving bad habits. 50s are short races, so everything counts: your start, breakout, stroke rate, breathing, turn, and finish. there is plenty to work on, do it and you'll be dropping time quickly.
  • Practically speaking, how long does it take for one to drop their time in a given event? For example, my best 50 free (scy) is 42 seconds. How much time can I expect to drop in the next, say, 6 months? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to all this and thanks in advance! At :42 for 50 scy you don't qualify as a newbie anymore :) Try to get into the pool for up to 2-3000 yards about 3+ times per week (4 or 5 if you can work up to that) and it will help with your conditioning. More importantly, to improve efficiency you need good coaching and workouts that develop efficiency and avoid grooving bad habits. 50s are short races, so everything counts: your start, breakout, stroke rate, breathing, turn, and finish. there is plenty to work on, do it and you'll be dropping time quickly.
Children
No Data