butterfly DQs

What can get you DQd when swimming butterfly besides not turning correctly? I can barely swim it but am still working on it and want to try it in an upcoming meet just so I can say I did it. TIA This is me when thinking about swimming butterfly in a meet! :afraid:
Parents
  • After 30 years of doing fly breathing on my right side like free --I was DQed at Nationals for "Non simultaneous arms " I had never heard of this, although it seems to be in the rules some where! My hands enter -pull thru -exit at the same time BUT in the air, I lag somewhat. See the last sentence of USMS Rule 101.3.2, or FINA SW 8.2. "Both arms must be brought forward simultaneously over the water and pulled back simultaneously under the water throughout the race." www.usms.org/.../part1.pdf www.fina.org/.../sw-8-butterfly
  • After 30 years of doing fly breathing on my right side like free --I was DQed at Nationals for "Non simultaneous arms " I had never heard of this, although it seems to be in the rules some where! My hands enter -pull thru -exit at the same time BUT in the air, I lag somewhat. See the last sentence of USMS Rule 101.3.2, or FINA SW 8.2. "Both arms must be brought forward simultaneously over the water and pulled back simultaneously under the water throughout the race." www.usms.org/.../part1.pdf www.fina.org/.../sw-8-butterfly
Children
No Data