butterfly DQs

What can get you DQd when swimming butterfly besides not turning correctly? I can barely swim it but am still working on it and want to try it in an upcoming meet just so I can say I did it. TIA This is me when thinking about swimming butterfly in a meet! :afraid:
Parents
  • What?! You mean to tell me all this time I thought I was cheating in practice and I've been legal? If pulling on the lane line in backstroke is legal too, then I'm an instant IMer. :) Actually, butterfly started as a variant of breaststroke, with the "frog" kick. The strokes were separated in 1953, but actually the breaststroke kick was not officially banned from butterfly until 2001, according to some sources. It was reinstated for Masters in 2003 as many older swimmers had grown up swimming it that way, including myself.
  • What?! You mean to tell me all this time I thought I was cheating in practice and I've been legal? If pulling on the lane line in backstroke is legal too, then I'm an instant IMer. :) Actually, butterfly started as a variant of breaststroke, with the "frog" kick. The strokes were separated in 1953, but actually the breaststroke kick was not officially banned from butterfly until 2001, according to some sources. It was reinstated for Masters in 2003 as many older swimmers had grown up swimming it that way, including myself.
Children
No Data