Breastsroke technique of my 11 year old daughter.Any tips??

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, my daughter is 11 years old and she has been swimming for 3 years now.She prefers competing in breaststroke and her recent timing is as follows: 50m - 46.31 sec 100m - 1min 39 sec 200m - 2min 29 sec A new coach came to our club 6 months ago and altered her technique, so she is now a little confused and hasn't since improved her times. I am looking for some feedback on her stroke.So i am linking two clips of her racing the 200m and the 50m both in lane 8 (closer to the camera). Any help is welcomed !!! https://youtu.be/CAh0lSycm7Q
Parents
  • The 2-3 second drill should help all distances.You want to get completely into streamline at the end of every kick. In the 200 there would be some glide then,in the 50 no glide before the pull,but she would be better with a little glide than the overlap. She could do 3 sec glide for 3 strokes, then 2 sec glide, then 1 sec, then slight hesitation then no hesitation and see how that feels. For the pull, does she know what EVF feels like in freestyle? If so, have her try to mimic that movement in BR. If not, have the coach work with her on EVF(it will help her fly and free too.) A drill is BR pull with a snorkel so she can watch her arms and see her elbows.
  • The 2-3 second drill should help all distances.You want to get completely into streamline at the end of every kick. In the 200 there would be some glide then,in the 50 no glide before the pull,but she would be better with a little glide than the overlap. She could do 3 sec glide for 3 strokes, then 2 sec glide, then 1 sec, then slight hesitation then no hesitation and see how that feels. For the pull, does she know what EVF feels like in freestyle? If so, have her try to mimic that movement in BR. If not, have the coach work with her on EVF(it will help her fly and free too.) A drill is BR pull with a snorkel so she can watch her arms and see her elbows.
Children
No Data