Breastsroke technique of my 11 year old daughter.Any tips??

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, my daughter is 11 years old and she has been swimming for 3 years now.She prefers competing in breaststroke and her recent timing is as follows: 50m - 46.31 sec 100m - 1min 39 sec 200m - 2min 29 sec A new coach came to our club 6 months ago and altered her technique, so she is now a little confused and hasn't since improved her times. I am looking for some feedback on her stroke.So i am linking two clips of her racing the 200m and the 50m both in lane 8 (closer to the camera). Any help is welcomed !!! https://youtu.be/CAh0lSycm7Q
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I see what you mean Allen and Gary about the overlap between her kick and pull.... The counting to 2 or 3 will certainly help her as you suggest Allen in the 200m.Do you think that this drill is suitable for the 50m as well or she should try something else for the sprint? Also if i understand you correctly she should try to keep the elbows to the surface and mainly lead with the hands to a wider circle that she does? What drills do you you think can help her improve that pull? And certainly you are right about the pullouts ...she does not put any strength to them.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I see what you mean Allen and Gary about the overlap between her kick and pull.... The counting to 2 or 3 will certainly help her as you suggest Allen in the 200m.Do you think that this drill is suitable for the 50m as well or she should try something else for the sprint? Also if i understand you correctly she should try to keep the elbows to the surface and mainly lead with the hands to a wider circle that she does? What drills do you you think can help her improve that pull? And certainly you are right about the pullouts ...she does not put any strength to them.
Children
No Data