Breastsroke technique of my 11 year old daughter.Any tips??

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, my daughter is 11 years old and she has been swimming for 3 years now.She prefers competing in breaststroke and her recent timing is as follows: 50m - 46.31 sec 100m - 1min 39 sec 200m - 2min 29 sec A new coach came to our club 6 months ago and altered her technique, so she is now a little confused and hasn't since improved her times. I am looking for some feedback on her stroke.So i am linking two clips of her racing the 200m and the 50m both in lane 8 (closer to the camera). Any help is welcomed !!! https://youtu.be/CAh0lSycm7Q
Parents
  • Her starting the pull too soon is really hurting her in the 200. She seemed to get very tired because she took way too many strokes. Mechanically her kick looks good, so she could really "ride the glide" if she delayed her pull and stayed in streamline after the kick longer.I'd recommend she does some drills where she counts to 2, or even 3 after the kick before the pull. Also,she does not do a pullout off the start and turns and I wonder if that is really faster for her. Regarding the pull,she is leading with her elbows, she needs to keep her elbows near the surface with her hands going deeper, kind of like EVF for freestyle, but a little wider.
  • Her starting the pull too soon is really hurting her in the 200. She seemed to get very tired because she took way too many strokes. Mechanically her kick looks good, so she could really "ride the glide" if she delayed her pull and stayed in streamline after the kick longer.I'd recommend she does some drills where she counts to 2, or even 3 after the kick before the pull. Also,she does not do a pullout off the start and turns and I wonder if that is really faster for her. Regarding the pull,she is leading with her elbows, she needs to keep her elbows near the surface with her hands going deeper, kind of like EVF for freestyle, but a little wider.
Children
No Data