Bucket vs Crossover Turn

Former Member
Former Member
Which do you all prefer using for back to ***, and why?
Parents
  • Most of us older swimmers probably learned bucket turns although I think I remember first learning a basic bk spin (open) turn as an AGer back in the late 50s and early 60s. I remember when we converted to bucket turns (throw your feet over your shoulder, spin and push-off (I think). I've long since converted to a crossover turn, not sure I could even do a good bucket turn anymore. Lately I've struggled a bit air and snorting water up my nose just before the break-out from a crossover turn. In general, the crossover seems so much more fluid, faster, and puts one in position for udks.
  • Most of us older swimmers probably learned bucket turns although I think I remember first learning a basic bk spin (open) turn as an AGer back in the late 50s and early 60s. I remember when we converted to bucket turns (throw your feet over your shoulder, spin and push-off (I think). I've long since converted to a crossover turn, not sure I could even do a good bucket turn anymore. Lately I've struggled a bit air and snorting water up my nose just before the break-out from a crossover turn. In general, the crossover seems so much more fluid, faster, and puts one in position for udks.
Children
No Data