swim, walk, lift

Since I'm able to get back into regular exercise, and I'm not at the point where swimming is my primary exercise, I've been trying to incorporate walking and weight training into my program. I wonder if anyone else here has other forms of exercise they do in addition to swimming (heretical, I know). Being female and over 60, I need to pay a lot of attention to bone density and fat burn. So if anyone has suggestions on how often each week to do whatever, I'd love to hear them.:bow: BTW I hope to make swimming my primary exercise again (it's once or twice a week now), but I need to slide into it gently so as not to have another rotator cuff flare up.
Parents
  • Sumorunner, I'm exhausted just reading the description of your workout.:D I'm on board with the nap, though. ElaineK, I've thought about adding some dry land exercises but the idea of working out on the side of the pool is intimidating. I'm not in the great shape you're in and I'm usually only in a public or gym pool. But I like the idea of doing yoga and band exercises. Maybe I could just incorporate that post swim instead of weights. Ssumargo, your routine sounds pretty intense as it is. I think you're way ahead of me in the fitness area, I can't do a long swim yet. So I like the idea of some yoga/light band exercise after swimming.:chug:
  • Sumorunner, I'm exhausted just reading the description of your workout.:D I'm on board with the nap, though. ElaineK, I've thought about adding some dry land exercises but the idea of working out on the side of the pool is intimidating. I'm not in the great shape you're in and I'm usually only in a public or gym pool. But I like the idea of doing yoga and band exercises. Maybe I could just incorporate that post swim instead of weights. Ssumargo, your routine sounds pretty intense as it is. I think you're way ahead of me in the fitness area, I can't do a long swim yet. So I like the idea of some yoga/light band exercise after swimming.:chug:
Children
No Data