swim, walk, lift

Since I'm able to get back into regular exercise, and I'm not at the point where swimming is my primary exercise, I've been trying to incorporate walking and weight training into my program. I wonder if anyone else here has other forms of exercise they do in addition to swimming (heretical, I know). Being female and over 60, I need to pay a lot of attention to bone density and fat burn. So if anyone has suggestions on how often each week to do whatever, I'd love to hear them.:bow: BTW I hope to make swimming my primary exercise again (it's once or twice a week now), but I need to slide into it gently so as not to have another rotator cuff flare up.
Parents
  • I've been thinking about the same thing lately. Swimming is my primary exercise. I do it 6x/week. Mon, Wed, Fri: Masters Swim - 1 hr ~3000y Tue, Thurs, Sat: Solo lap swim - 1.5 ~ 5000y I want to be faster, not to compete, but to be promoted to the faster lanes. I've had people tell me to do some dryland exercises, but I just don't have the time. I've got 3 kids (all under the age of 5), so me lifting weights would be when I carry them around. I also walk 20min each way, everyday to/from the train station and to/from work. I've seen improvements in my endurance and speed when I increased my solo lap swim time from 1 hr to 1.5 hrs. I'm thinking soon, I will walk up the stairs instead of taking the escalators from the train station.
  • I've been thinking about the same thing lately. Swimming is my primary exercise. I do it 6x/week. Mon, Wed, Fri: Masters Swim - 1 hr ~3000y Tue, Thurs, Sat: Solo lap swim - 1.5 ~ 5000y I want to be faster, not to compete, but to be promoted to the faster lanes. I've had people tell me to do some dryland exercises, but I just don't have the time. I've got 3 kids (all under the age of 5), so me lifting weights would be when I carry them around. I also walk 20min each way, everyday to/from the train station and to/from work. I've seen improvements in my endurance and speed when I increased my solo lap swim time from 1 hr to 1.5 hrs. I'm thinking soon, I will walk up the stairs instead of taking the escalators from the train station.
Children
No Data