swim, walk, lift

Since I'm able to get back into regular exercise, and I'm not at the point where swimming is my primary exercise, I've been trying to incorporate walking and weight training into my program. I wonder if anyone else here has other forms of exercise they do in addition to swimming (heretical, I know). Being female and over 60, I need to pay a lot of attention to bone density and fat burn. So if anyone has suggestions on how often each week to do whatever, I'd love to hear them.:bow: BTW I hope to make swimming my primary exercise again (it's once or twice a week now), but I need to slide into it gently so as not to have another rotator cuff flare up.
Parents
  • I haven't lifted weights in almost a year and swimming is now my primary exercise since arthritis put a damper on running. I was never a big fan of lifting anyway, even when I was a shot putter. My workouts this week: Monday: 140 pushups, 3 mile walk, 1250yd swim, 8 mile bike. Tuesday: masters swim practice, 1800yd mostly 100 repeats. Wednesday: nothing, nothing, nothing, plus take a nap. Thursday: pushups again, maybe 3-4 mile walk, masters swim practice again Friday: Don't know what I'll do yet. Saturday: a trail 5K race walking.
  • I haven't lifted weights in almost a year and swimming is now my primary exercise since arthritis put a damper on running. I was never a big fan of lifting anyway, even when I was a shot putter. My workouts this week: Monday: 140 pushups, 3 mile walk, 1250yd swim, 8 mile bike. Tuesday: masters swim practice, 1800yd mostly 100 repeats. Wednesday: nothing, nothing, nothing, plus take a nap. Thursday: pushups again, maybe 3-4 mile walk, masters swim practice again Friday: Don't know what I'll do yet. Saturday: a trail 5K race walking.
Children
No Data