Training for the 50/100 yard freestyle?

I have a meet coming up in about 15 weeks and want to focus on the 50/100 free with the 50/100 fly as secondary events. What sort of training program would you advise if I workout 5 days a week and have 2-3 hours a day to train? Should I do periodization training (6 weeks aerobic/7 weeks speed/2 week taper) or a weekly schedule where I swim hard 2-3 days a week and focus on aerobic/technique training the remainder?
Parents
  • Swam senior year of high school and than did it on my own for about 4 years. Was 5 years away and now I'm back to it. Right now I'm not doing any training, just active recovery stuff after my last meet. Plus I started a more physical job at work so I'm getting acclimated to that. I'm 30 years old. A few weekends ago I did my first meet in a while (video on the forum here) and swam the following times in yards: 50 Fly in 33s 50 Fr 29s 100 IM 1m 20s 100 Fr 1:08 100 Fl 1:19
  • Swam senior year of high school and than did it on my own for about 4 years. Was 5 years away and now I'm back to it. Right now I'm not doing any training, just active recovery stuff after my last meet. Plus I started a more physical job at work so I'm getting acclimated to that. I'm 30 years old. A few weekends ago I did my first meet in a while (video on the forum here) and swam the following times in yards: 50 Fly in 33s 50 Fr 29s 100 IM 1m 20s 100 Fr 1:08 100 Fl 1:19
Children
No Data