Nutrition

If this belongs in the non-swimming category, feel free to move it as I wasn't sure where it needed to go. Do any of you count your macros? I'm getting way too many carbs and not enough protein. I'm ok on fat intake. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your answers!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    The only thing I count are my strokes! ;) When it comes to my diet, I make sure it's well-balanced, but I don't obsess over it. For protein, I bring a scoop of chocolate 100% whey protein powder to the pool in a water bottle, and then I hit the drinking fountain for a fill-up after my swim. When I get home, I make a smoothie with blueberries, bananas, light vanilla soy milk, and a tablespoon of chia seeds (great price for a bag at Costco!). For variety, I'll substitute other fruit when the mood strikes. Although I don't eat lunch, I do snack on fruit and almonds during the day when the I get hungry. At dinner time, we get our protein from plant-based sources most of the time (beans, legumes, grains); however, we're too addicted to salmon and shrimp to go to a completely plant-based diet. In addition, dinners include a lot of veggies. We're big on broccoli, so we eat it most nights of the week along with other veggies. As for the fat part of my diet: CHOCOLATE! :ohyeah: lol without chocolate :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    The only thing I count are my strokes! ;) When it comes to my diet, I make sure it's well-balanced, but I don't obsess over it. For protein, I bring a scoop of chocolate 100% whey protein powder to the pool in a water bottle, and then I hit the drinking fountain for a fill-up after my swim. When I get home, I make a smoothie with blueberries, bananas, light vanilla soy milk, and a tablespoon of chia seeds (great price for a bag at Costco!). For variety, I'll substitute other fruit when the mood strikes. Although I don't eat lunch, I do snack on fruit and almonds during the day when the I get hungry. At dinner time, we get our protein from plant-based sources most of the time (beans, legumes, grains); however, we're too addicted to salmon and shrimp to go to a completely plant-based diet. In addition, dinners include a lot of veggies. We're big on broccoli, so we eat it most nights of the week along with other veggies. As for the fat part of my diet: CHOCOLATE! :ohyeah: lol without chocolate :)
Children
No Data