Nutrition

If this belongs in the non-swimming category, feel free to move it as I wasn't sure where it needed to go. Do any of you count your macros? I'm getting way too many carbs and not enough protein. I'm ok on fat intake. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your answers!
Parents
  • Breakfast: 2 scoops of P2Life Nutriboost with Kashi Go Lean cereal + 1 tbsp flaxseed and 1 tbsp chia seeds. 1 or 2% milk and berries or scrambled eggs and the nutriboost as a separate beverage. Sometimes lowfat or nonfat yogurt in place of milk. Lunch: tuna, chicken, or turkey with half avocado. Maybe one slice of toast. Dinner: lean meat, veggie, small amt of starch (rice, baked potato, quinoa, cous cous). Soup or salad. Snacks: carrots, real-fruit popsicle, popcorn, protein bar (I try to stick to something less than 200 calories and less than 60 from fat). I'm still a "little" diabetic (HA1C now normal with metformin but was 6.7...) so I try to keep the carbs down, but I don't subscribe to any kind of fanaticism that says I can never eat this or that...even a small amount of ice cream every now and then is fine and esp if I keep up with my swimming.
  • Breakfast: 2 scoops of P2Life Nutriboost with Kashi Go Lean cereal + 1 tbsp flaxseed and 1 tbsp chia seeds. 1 or 2% milk and berries or scrambled eggs and the nutriboost as a separate beverage. Sometimes lowfat or nonfat yogurt in place of milk. Lunch: tuna, chicken, or turkey with half avocado. Maybe one slice of toast. Dinner: lean meat, veggie, small amt of starch (rice, baked potato, quinoa, cous cous). Soup or salad. Snacks: carrots, real-fruit popsicle, popcorn, protein bar (I try to stick to something less than 200 calories and less than 60 from fat). I'm still a "little" diabetic (HA1C now normal with metformin but was 6.7...) so I try to keep the carbs down, but I don't subscribe to any kind of fanaticism that says I can never eat this or that...even a small amount of ice cream every now and then is fine and esp if I keep up with my swimming.
Children
No Data