2017 Hour Swim

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone else doing a last week hour ePostal? Made 5005 metres (SCM) , conversion is 5470Y. i65.tinypic.com/6ib4h0.jpg
  • Anyone else doing a last week hour ePostal? Made 5005 metres (SCM) , conversion is 5470Y. ] That ought to be good for the win...unless you are in the 50-54 age group (Erwin, Shaffer, and others have been tearing that event up for decades)...congrats. I was considerably short of that but was hampered by doing mine in a glorified jacuzzi.:)
  • My lane rental cost more than the FINA submission fees. I rented 1 lane for 90 mintues to ensure a quality environment. My gut says my swim will be #1 in 40-44 unless Sean Justice throws down :) Well, I found a pool 150 miles away that was colder than mine, obtained a hotel, only to find out it was closed for maintenance the following day. I ended up doing it later that afternoon in a (hot) pool less than a mile from my house. I'm insane! Sadly, I think they changed the rules and I am bumped up to the 50-54 (prematurely I must say). Justice, as far as I know, does one USMS meet per year (Ron Johnson meet at ASU) so little chance of him doing a postal (but perhaps you've inspired him--number one rule of postals: never call out anybody before entries close....ha!). As far as I know, he trains with and goes to USA meets (not sure if that's apathy towards USMS, pride, or compassion on us mortals).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I did it a couple weeks ago, but I have no one willing to sit for an hour and clock me. I took the splits off of my Swimovate watch. My dad did me a solid and timed me and took splits. I think 5500 would have been realistic if I had swam in a yards pool and had the extra 20 flip turns. Not an option in Canada. My lane rental cost more than the FINA submission fees. I rented 1 lane for 90 mintues to ensure a quality environment. Still waiting on FINA for their 2016 Top 10s. Should be in 35-39 8Free/2Fly in SCM. My gut says my swim will be #1 in 40-44 unless Sean Justice throws down :)
  • I did it a couple weeks ago, but I have no one willing to sit for an hour and clock me. I took the splits off of my Swimovate watch.
  • oh my goodness. I am nowhere close. But it's all for fun! 11000
  • Former Member
    Same 2 names came up on another forum. Fast is fast. Respect to those gentlemen ...
  • Former Member
    I am thinking of going down to AZ for that SCM meet.
  • Former Member
    Last time I raced at ASU was Jan 95 and it was SCM AZ Sr Circuit. Swam the 800 beside Jeff Rouse when he swam with PSC.
  • Six people from my Masters group did it last week. I did 2500 which is hardly competitive but is a PR for me. This time last year I couldn't even swim that far. None of our swimmers who are actually competitive even did it.
  • I'm the only one from my masters group that did it. I did it Saturday. 2925 yards. I'm looking forward to seeing how I ranked (near the bottom, I know) AND getting the swim cap.