2017 Hour Swim

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone else doing a last week hour ePostal? Made 5005 metres (SCM) , conversion is 5470Y. i65.tinypic.com/6ib4h0.jpg
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Did a 2 hour in University... made 10k just short and called it. Stupid New Years workout
  • Former Member
    Next week there is a 2h scm swim up that I want to start in. I did it last year for the first time and finished with 7150m. it´s kind of boring but i felt like becoming one with the water. At the end,somehow the need to breathe became less and less All the tumble turns made me a bit dizzy too. I am a late starter to swimming an never raced any.
  • As of this past week, they were still sending me reminders to get it in. I had begun to fill out the data last month, but realized it needed a timer helper, but I only had the splits off my Swimovate watch, so I abandoned it.
  • Former Member
    Nothing so far. It said by MAR 20. Then they changed it to MAR 27
  • Are the results posted anywhere yet? I couldn't find them so probably not, but they said by the 27th, which is tomorrow.
  • looks like the preliminary results are online. LOL (at my ranking)! Where's my cap and tshirt?
  • Former Member
    I did the 7200m in 2h. 1:40 each 100m. I put an alarm on my Garmin Fenix every 300m. On pace i had 5min for each. Worked out fine :)
  • If I had been able to enter my splits, I might have finished 61st of 69 with 2275. Next year I'll be in a new age group but I wouldn't have fared much better. Got some work to do before then. I did notice though, that there was only 1 person, male or female, from ADMS, a guy I met at both winter meets this year, and I do recall discussing it with him there. There might have been more Adirondack swimmers but I don't know the associated clubs.