PRs and avg improvement times

What do most people see as their PR's dropping in terms of times? It is a few seconds, more than 5, 10? Vic
Parents
  • I'm still into celebrating that Sumorunner. I just want to see people focusing on goals of some sort to keep them in. Trying new things or attempting new tweaks in their technique. I understand everyone's point. I would expect that the PR's mentioned not be in the youth years but in your older years. Even if you did 30-39 and then 40-49, at least it gives you an idea of what people do. Since I've only swum one meet I can't say. But I can relate it to running. I started running seriously at 30, ran the best 200-400-800m and 1 mile times at 36-38, and best 5-10-15Km times at 40-41. Everything went downhill from that point, however, when I reached 60 I was suddenly thrust into medal position even through my run times were way, way off what I thought was competitive. I hadn't noticed how many people I competed against 20 years prior had fallen away. I think, likewise, the number or competitors in swimming drops way off after 60. I was one of only 3 in the 65-69 AG at the last swim meet.
  • I'm still into celebrating that Sumorunner. I just want to see people focusing on goals of some sort to keep them in. Trying new things or attempting new tweaks in their technique. I understand everyone's point. I would expect that the PR's mentioned not be in the youth years but in your older years. Even if you did 30-39 and then 40-49, at least it gives you an idea of what people do. Since I've only swum one meet I can't say. But I can relate it to running. I started running seriously at 30, ran the best 200-400-800m and 1 mile times at 36-38, and best 5-10-15Km times at 40-41. Everything went downhill from that point, however, when I reached 60 I was suddenly thrust into medal position even through my run times were way, way off what I thought was competitive. I hadn't noticed how many people I competed against 20 years prior had fallen away. I think, likewise, the number or competitors in swimming drops way off after 60. I was one of only 3 in the 65-69 AG at the last swim meet.
Children
No Data