PRs and avg improvement times

What do most people see as their PR's dropping in terms of times? It is a few seconds, more than 5, 10? Vic
Parents
  • Yes I do. I'll take any thing from 50 free to 1650. Open water. I'm open to everything, that's why I asked. I'm just wanting to soak up whatever people offer. Yes but what about us? MP is way out of our league. I'd take you swam as a kid or not, you didn't do well at X stroke and did, anything. This is such a vague question it's difficult to answer. Some of us who are older and swam year-round through high school and college will likely not be able to even approach PR's in many events because we were at our absolute prime when we were young. Others may have all kinds of reasons they never were at their best when younger so they might be able to get very close/swim PR's - especially if they are younger. People who started swimming as adults will be much more likely to see PR's (big ones at first and then smaller as they get faster). But even these people can have age/health issues that affect their ability to improve down the road. As a general rule - the newer to swimming you are + the more/better you train = bigger PR's (depending on the event - many seconds down to tenths of seconds).
  • Yes I do. I'll take any thing from 50 free to 1650. Open water. I'm open to everything, that's why I asked. I'm just wanting to soak up whatever people offer. Yes but what about us? MP is way out of our league. I'd take you swam as a kid or not, you didn't do well at X stroke and did, anything. This is such a vague question it's difficult to answer. Some of us who are older and swam year-round through high school and college will likely not be able to even approach PR's in many events because we were at our absolute prime when we were young. Others may have all kinds of reasons they never were at their best when younger so they might be able to get very close/swim PR's - especially if they are younger. People who started swimming as adults will be much more likely to see PR's (big ones at first and then smaller as they get faster). But even these people can have age/health issues that affect their ability to improve down the road. As a general rule - the newer to swimming you are + the more/better you train = bigger PR's (depending on the event - many seconds down to tenths of seconds).
Children
No Data