It hurts when I pee after swimming!

Former Member
Former Member
If it hurts when you pee after swimming, don't worry! I've gone through it too and it actually on burns the first time! You don't (most likely) have a uti. Just a short post for all you worriers!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I am a grown man and it happens every time after I swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. If I swim all day at the beach no problem, if I swim all day in a river or lake no problem, but there must be something in the chlorinated water that causes a painful sensation the first time I pee after getting out. I'm pretty sure it's just a tiny bit of chlorine water making its way part way inside causing some kind of irritated reaction. Picture it the same way when you're swimming in a chlorinated pool with your eyes opened underwater for a long time. Your eyes become hypersensitive and highly irritated from that chlorine exposure. For a guy having this problem it could be something as simple as putting a small rubber cap over the tip to prevent water from entering, but I don't have any suggestions for a female. I hope this helps.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I am a grown man and it happens every time after I swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. If I swim all day at the beach no problem, if I swim all day in a river or lake no problem, but there must be something in the chlorinated water that causes a painful sensation the first time I pee after getting out. I'm pretty sure it's just a tiny bit of chlorine water making its way part way inside causing some kind of irritated reaction. Picture it the same way when you're swimming in a chlorinated pool with your eyes opened underwater for a long time. Your eyes become hypersensitive and highly irritated from that chlorine exposure. For a guy having this problem it could be something as simple as putting a small rubber cap over the tip to prevent water from entering, but I don't have any suggestions for a female. I hope this helps.
Children
No Data