Getting Your Spouse/ Partner Involved In Your Swimming

Would you like to get your spouse or partner involved in your world of swimming? Here's an article I wrote on the subject for Swimspire: www.swimspire.com/.../ How do you get your spouse or partner involved? Share your tips here! To all of you love birds out there, have a happy Valentine's Day! :kiss1:
Parents
  • A really tricky problem, this one, Elaine! For our relationship the following is done in an attempt to make and keep the peace. 1. All training completed in time for the early morning cuppa to be bedside as her eyes start opening. :) T I (think) I follow a variation of #1 since my wife is an early riser - make the latte and deliver it to her in bed BEFORE I go swim! You guys are sweethearts to do that for your wives. That's exactly what I'm talking about! :agree: I'm glad people have supported spouses, I never married, so I lost my biggest supporter in swimming my father that died in Dec of 2015. In Dec 2015 I was not swimming at the time. He would have enjoyed my medals at senior Olympics. My mother who is somewhat ill couldn't attend that. :bighug:Cinc, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Supporting each other makes life much easier and enjoyable. :agree: I swam at a meet today where there was older couple sitting behind me. He swam while she took the 25y splits for him with a stopwatch. Made me think of this thread. Showing gratitude for the support you receive takes it a step further. Gratitude is huge in our relationship, and it's what keeps us happy together. A sincere "thank you" (especially with a hug!) feels good to give AND to receive! Regarding that couple sitting behind you at the meet, good on her for helping her husband! :applaud: In return, I hope he did something nice for her as well. :) By the way, how did you do at the meet? I hope you had a great time and were pleased with your races!
  • A really tricky problem, this one, Elaine! For our relationship the following is done in an attempt to make and keep the peace. 1. All training completed in time for the early morning cuppa to be bedside as her eyes start opening. :) T I (think) I follow a variation of #1 since my wife is an early riser - make the latte and deliver it to her in bed BEFORE I go swim! You guys are sweethearts to do that for your wives. That's exactly what I'm talking about! :agree: I'm glad people have supported spouses, I never married, so I lost my biggest supporter in swimming my father that died in Dec of 2015. In Dec 2015 I was not swimming at the time. He would have enjoyed my medals at senior Olympics. My mother who is somewhat ill couldn't attend that. :bighug:Cinc, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Supporting each other makes life much easier and enjoyable. :agree: I swam at a meet today where there was older couple sitting behind me. He swam while she took the 25y splits for him with a stopwatch. Made me think of this thread. Showing gratitude for the support you receive takes it a step further. Gratitude is huge in our relationship, and it's what keeps us happy together. A sincere "thank you" (especially with a hug!) feels good to give AND to receive! Regarding that couple sitting behind you at the meet, good on her for helping her husband! :applaud: In return, I hope he did something nice for her as well. :) By the way, how did you do at the meet? I hope you had a great time and were pleased with your races!
Children
No Data