Getting Your Spouse/ Partner Involved In Your Swimming

Would you like to get your spouse or partner involved in your world of swimming? Here's an article I wrote on the subject for Swimspire: www.swimspire.com/.../ How do you get your spouse or partner involved? Share your tips here! To all of you love birds out there, have a happy Valentine's Day! :kiss1:
Parents
  • Our town fitness center has two pools. There is a water aerobics class in the "play" pool that my wife often does while I do my laps. I've only done one pool meet, but our son was captain of his high school swim team, so we sat through enough meets years ago to know how boring that can be for an outsider. As a runner for 40 years, I ran hundreds of road and track races, threw shot and discus. My wife never saw any of it. She accompanied me to a couple out of state T&F meets in places where she could visit old friends, then left to see them and never saw my meet. When I went to the Betsy Owens OWS in Lake Placid last August, we made it a two day vacation. Not only my wife, but daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons came along. That was an expensive 1 mile.
  • Our town fitness center has two pools. There is a water aerobics class in the "play" pool that my wife often does while I do my laps. I've only done one pool meet, but our son was captain of his high school swim team, so we sat through enough meets years ago to know how boring that can be for an outsider. As a runner for 40 years, I ran hundreds of road and track races, threw shot and discus. My wife never saw any of it. She accompanied me to a couple out of state T&F meets in places where she could visit old friends, then left to see them and never saw my meet. When I went to the Betsy Owens OWS in Lake Placid last August, we made it a two day vacation. Not only my wife, but daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons came along. That was an expensive 1 mile.
Children
No Data