drill terminology

I'd like to know how to write my workouts. I understand "descend". I understand "on 1:00". I understand "rest 10 seconds between 50s". BUT, what if there's nothing written after the stroke? Like, "3X100 free"? You're supposed to have the amount of rest time after it, right, or the interval time, right? Check this for errors, please 150 warmup (50 *** 50 back 50 free) 6 x 50 back drill w/fins 6 x 50 *** 3 x 100 free 12 X 25 with 2 or less breaths on a minute 12 X 25 all out on 1:15 w active rest w 25 active rest between 200 easy stroke of choice cool down Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you! I just discovered hugger's swim terminology post from 2 years ago right after I posted this. But I'd still like someone to find the errors in my workout above.
Parents
  • WELL ---- if you write the workout for yourself & do not want any rest -- then ok??? In the real world you will ALWAYS put some time interval or rest after each set into the yards/meters. Question - what is "active rest"? I'd have to assume that "active rest" refers to an easy recovery swim between the hard efforts to clear the lactate, get the HR back down etc. My old coach was fanatic about not hanging on the wall after a hard effort, but to keep moving to recover.
  • WELL ---- if you write the workout for yourself & do not want any rest -- then ok??? In the real world you will ALWAYS put some time interval or rest after each set into the yards/meters. Question - what is "active rest"? I'd have to assume that "active rest" refers to an easy recovery swim between the hard efforts to clear the lactate, get the HR back down etc. My old coach was fanatic about not hanging on the wall after a hard effort, but to keep moving to recover.
Children
No Data