Spending the winter sick? Join the Pity Party! Woot!

I am so annoyed with the frequency of viruses this winter. I'm trying to get myself ready for my first 10K swim this summer and building a nice base but I just keep getting hit with what feels like every virus known to man. I know it's not overtraining it's just simply that I've got a kindergartener, I've been volunteering with all those boogers once every two weeks, and I have been needing to visit the pedi with an older child for a chronic condition. So, the whole family keeps catching new and "fun" things. I'm trying to keep my spirits up about adapting and missing training but it's tough when I have to miss so many days and then have so many easy days on top of it while my body fully heals. I'd be just rolling with the punches if I didn't have such a large goal lined up for this summer. I really am keeping my spirits up because I don't need added stress or worrying or getting nervous. But I know I must not be the only one in the middle of winter sickie blues and others might like to join the pity party. :cake::party2:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    That's a bummer, Allen. Hope you get out from under it quickly! After coaching and getting some admin work done at the pool, I actually left the pool without swimming. I never do that. It was painful to leave. But I felt the most I'd be able to do was maybe 250y and wasn't sure if it would make things worse. Hoping I'm better off to see if I'm better a bit tomorrow I could do 1,000-2,000 EZ (15-30 minutes). Probably best, I ended up coming home and sleeping three hours in the middle of the day. My husband just brought pretzels and m&ms to my pity party. Maybe not the best thing with a reduced workout load but mmmmm....salty sweet. I think this party might need a movie. Something funny. Ahhh, preztelz and m&m's my long ago treat. Your hubbie is awesome. I know what you mean, about the pain of leaving the pool. Every day that I workout on the floor, I peek in at the pool and hate every body thats swimming. :blah: just kidding, but there are a few friends who stopped swimming in this pool b/c they kept getting sick. This is some weird strain that just won't quit. I swam last week and although I definitely had my energy level close to normal, I felt out of sync. Yesterday, I was on the couch all day with aches, wet cough and chills. Not sure how to kill this bug. And I did get my flu shot.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    That's a bummer, Allen. Hope you get out from under it quickly! After coaching and getting some admin work done at the pool, I actually left the pool without swimming. I never do that. It was painful to leave. But I felt the most I'd be able to do was maybe 250y and wasn't sure if it would make things worse. Hoping I'm better off to see if I'm better a bit tomorrow I could do 1,000-2,000 EZ (15-30 minutes). Probably best, I ended up coming home and sleeping three hours in the middle of the day. My husband just brought pretzels and m&ms to my pity party. Maybe not the best thing with a reduced workout load but mmmmm....salty sweet. I think this party might need a movie. Something funny. Ahhh, preztelz and m&m's my long ago treat. Your hubbie is awesome. I know what you mean, about the pain of leaving the pool. Every day that I workout on the floor, I peek in at the pool and hate every body thats swimming. :blah: just kidding, but there are a few friends who stopped swimming in this pool b/c they kept getting sick. This is some weird strain that just won't quit. I swam last week and although I definitely had my energy level close to normal, I felt out of sync. Yesterday, I was on the couch all day with aches, wet cough and chills. Not sure how to kill this bug. And I did get my flu shot.
Children
No Data