Spending the winter sick? Join the Pity Party! Woot!

I am so annoyed with the frequency of viruses this winter. I'm trying to get myself ready for my first 10K swim this summer and building a nice base but I just keep getting hit with what feels like every virus known to man. I know it's not overtraining it's just simply that I've got a kindergartener, I've been volunteering with all those boogers once every two weeks, and I have been needing to visit the pedi with an older child for a chronic condition. So, the whole family keeps catching new and "fun" things. I'm trying to keep my spirits up about adapting and missing training but it's tough when I have to miss so many days and then have so many easy days on top of it while my body fully heals. I'd be just rolling with the punches if I didn't have such a large goal lined up for this summer. I really am keeping my spirits up because I don't need added stress or worrying or getting nervous. But I know I must not be the only one in the middle of winter sickie blues and others might like to join the pity party. :cake::party2:
Parents
  • I'm in the party. We care for our grandkids one day a week. Last year(fall of 2015-Spring 2016) was our grand daughter's first year in pre-school and I had one virus after another the whole time. This fall I was doing fine even though my grandson started at the same school/petri dish.Early December I got a bad cold, but it was after SCM season and I wasn't too upset. Come January and I'm ready to get started and the pools are closed due to the snow. That finally cleared and I was just starting to feel progress when I got the aforementioned "doozy", which I still have. I'm not going to SCY Nats since our third grandchild is due that weekend,so I may cut back my goals for training this cycle.
  • I'm in the party. We care for our grandkids one day a week. Last year(fall of 2015-Spring 2016) was our grand daughter's first year in pre-school and I had one virus after another the whole time. This fall I was doing fine even though my grandson started at the same school/petri dish.Early December I got a bad cold, but it was after SCM season and I wasn't too upset. Come January and I'm ready to get started and the pools are closed due to the snow. That finally cleared and I was just starting to feel progress when I got the aforementioned "doozy", which I still have. I'm not going to SCY Nats since our third grandchild is due that weekend,so I may cut back my goals for training this cycle.
Children
No Data