Spending the winter sick? Join the Pity Party! Woot!

I am so annoyed with the frequency of viruses this winter. I'm trying to get myself ready for my first 10K swim this summer and building a nice base but I just keep getting hit with what feels like every virus known to man. I know it's not overtraining it's just simply that I've got a kindergartener, I've been volunteering with all those boogers once every two weeks, and I have been needing to visit the pedi with an older child for a chronic condition. So, the whole family keeps catching new and "fun" things. I'm trying to keep my spirits up about adapting and missing training but it's tough when I have to miss so many days and then have so many easy days on top of it while my body fully heals. I'd be just rolling with the punches if I didn't have such a large goal lined up for this summer. I really am keeping my spirits up because I don't need added stress or worrying or getting nervous. But I know I must not be the only one in the middle of winter sickie blues and others might like to join the pity party. :cake::party2:
Parents
  • Thanks Elaine! I really do know the drill and am doing my best. But I appreciate the encouragement! :) Renie - I agree this Northeast viruses are just a doozy this year. There's a strain of flu going around here that was either not in the vaccine or is vaccine resistant. I didn't think it was flu but the kids had so many days in a row of fever I had to take them in, strep test was negative but they asked to test flu and it came back positive. I think that's what I have now. Same set of symptoms as the kids had last week. Take it slow getting back in. No need to rush to catch up and make things worse! I'm glad you get to leave the party soon. Don't forget to have a piece of cake! :cake: Haha!
  • Thanks Elaine! I really do know the drill and am doing my best. But I appreciate the encouragement! :) Renie - I agree this Northeast viruses are just a doozy this year. There's a strain of flu going around here that was either not in the vaccine or is vaccine resistant. I didn't think it was flu but the kids had so many days in a row of fever I had to take them in, strep test was negative but they asked to test flu and it came back positive. I think that's what I have now. Same set of symptoms as the kids had last week. Take it slow getting back in. No need to rush to catch up and make things worse! I'm glad you get to leave the party soon. Don't forget to have a piece of cake! :cake: Haha!
Children
No Data