Swimmer's shoulder

I apologize if this has been asked before; I searched and didn't find anything about shoulder pain. How do you know for sure your shoulder pain is from swimming? I've watched videos and read information about it, but I'm wondering what YOU think. Mine doesn't hurt WHEN I swim, only when I'm NOT swimming. Sometimes there's a pain that goes down my arm a little bit. I read that you can hang from a bar and that actually helped! Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • Well, that's another little issue I was having. I woke up one morning with a little bit of neck pain and going down toward my shoulder. Right now it isn't as bad. It was hurting just sitting and doing nothing. It isn't as much now. It doesn't even hurt while I'm swimming, just resting! Thanks for your input! I'm also not a doc, but as someone who went through shoulder repair and a year and a half of pt, make sure it's not your neck causing the pain. Researchers have found that, even in the case of a torn rotator cuff, shoulder pain often actually radiates from the neck. A simple x-ray can tell if you have a bulging disc which responds well to physical therapy and stretching.
  • Well, that's another little issue I was having. I woke up one morning with a little bit of neck pain and going down toward my shoulder. Right now it isn't as bad. It was hurting just sitting and doing nothing. It isn't as much now. It doesn't even hurt while I'm swimming, just resting! Thanks for your input! I'm also not a doc, but as someone who went through shoulder repair and a year and a half of pt, make sure it's not your neck causing the pain. Researchers have found that, even in the case of a torn rotator cuff, shoulder pain often actually radiates from the neck. A simple x-ray can tell if you have a bulging disc which responds well to physical therapy and stretching.
Children
No Data