First meet

Just back from my first ever swim meet. Swam the 50y & 200y free. The best I ever did in training for 50y was 54 sec., today 51.91. I swam the 200 at my everyday pace not wanting to stress myself, 4:27.43. I've never done a 200 even in practice except on the way to 500 or 1000. I was happy with that and was probably even first in my AG since I saw no other 65-69 in that event. Also met a couple other first timers there, one of whom had only learned to swim a year ago. It was also the first time I ever got the chance to dive off a starting block. None of the facilities I go to will allow it, so I just did a few practice dives but dove in from the deck in the races. I'll be 69 next Sunday, so I want to do the epostal hour swim for the occasion. Next pool meet is Mar 5 in Southern Saratoga County. Waiting to hear from ssumargo next.
Parents
  • Meets are so much fun as a masters swimmer. The only pressure is what you put on yourself, so relax and have a good time! :thewave: I'm also looking to enter either a 100 free or 200 free. Remember to take your swim out easier than you think you should. Your first events back in the water will help you set some goals (both times to beat and ways to cause less pain :D)
  • Meets are so much fun as a masters swimmer. The only pressure is what you put on yourself, so relax and have a good time! :thewave: I'm also looking to enter either a 100 free or 200 free. Remember to take your swim out easier than you think you should. Your first events back in the water will help you set some goals (both times to beat and ways to cause less pain :D)
Children
No Data