First meet

Just back from my first ever swim meet. Swam the 50y & 200y free. The best I ever did in training for 50y was 54 sec., today 51.91. I swam the 200 at my everyday pace not wanting to stress myself, 4:27.43. I've never done a 200 even in practice except on the way to 500 or 1000. I was happy with that and was probably even first in my AG since I saw no other 65-69 in that event. Also met a couple other first timers there, one of whom had only learned to swim a year ago. It was also the first time I ever got the chance to dive off a starting block. None of the facilities I go to will allow it, so I just did a few practice dives but dove in from the deck in the races. I'll be 69 next Sunday, so I want to do the epostal hour swim for the occasion. Next pool meet is Mar 5 in Southern Saratoga County. Waiting to hear from ssumargo next.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Just back from my first ever swim meet. Swam the 50y & 200y free. The best I ever did in training for 50y was 54 sec., today 51.91. I swam the 200 at my everyday pace not wanting to stress myself, 4:27.43. I've never done a 200 even in practice except on the way to 500 or 1000. I was happy with that and was probably even first in my AG since I saw no other 65-69 in that event. Also met a couple other first timers there, one of whom had only learned to swim a year ago. It was also the first time I ever got the chance to dive off a starting block. None of the facilities I go to will allow it, so I just did a few practice dives but dove in from the deck in the races. I'll be 69 next Sunday, so I want to do the epostal hour swim for the occasion. Next pool meet is Mar 5 in Southern Saratoga County. Waiting to hear from ssumargo next. Yes, I just did a senior Olympics meet and the best 50 yard *** in practice with the pace clock was 54 and in the race I did 51.21 and I did a 1:48.53 in 100 yard ***. Pratice I think the best was between 1:55 to 1:57. So, you did well. I don't compared the times I did at age 45 which were 42.5 in 50 yard *** and 1:34 in 100 yard ***. Just have to go with my body now but are doing well for your age.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Just back from my first ever swim meet. Swam the 50y & 200y free. The best I ever did in training for 50y was 54 sec., today 51.91. I swam the 200 at my everyday pace not wanting to stress myself, 4:27.43. I've never done a 200 even in practice except on the way to 500 or 1000. I was happy with that and was probably even first in my AG since I saw no other 65-69 in that event. Also met a couple other first timers there, one of whom had only learned to swim a year ago. It was also the first time I ever got the chance to dive off a starting block. None of the facilities I go to will allow it, so I just did a few practice dives but dove in from the deck in the races. I'll be 69 next Sunday, so I want to do the epostal hour swim for the occasion. Next pool meet is Mar 5 in Southern Saratoga County. Waiting to hear from ssumargo next. Yes, I just did a senior Olympics meet and the best 50 yard *** in practice with the pace clock was 54 and in the race I did 51.21 and I did a 1:48.53 in 100 yard ***. Pratice I think the best was between 1:55 to 1:57. So, you did well. I don't compared the times I did at age 45 which were 42.5 in 50 yard *** and 1:34 in 100 yard ***. Just have to go with my body now but are doing well for your age.
Children
No Data