new years workout - be smart

please don't be an idiot and try 100x100s for the 1st time in your life this next week. all that ends up is major shoulder issues that take a very long time to heal
Parents
  • I did the 100x100m last summer when my masters' group offered it. It wasn't mandatory. People were told that they could set their own goals within that frame, so some went for maybe 25 or 30 or 50, whatever. Those who wanted to do 100 did so. I happened to be training for a couple distance swims, so it was a great opportunity, though even my coach suggested stopping at 80--but when I got to 80, I figured, why not 20 more. My times were very slow, but I felt okay and the weather was perfect. Had no problems afterward that I recall, just tired, but I don't think I even missed the next swim practice. We were going to have a 100x100 yard swim in December, but we train in a college pool, and it wasn't available the day the swim was scheduled. I would have gone for maybe 40-50x100, which would be a bit of a jump in distance, but not overly much. I'm not fanatic about forcing something past what I'm ready for, but do enjoy extending my limits. It's part of the fun. But it doesn't have to be an exercise in masochism.
  • I did the 100x100m last summer when my masters' group offered it. It wasn't mandatory. People were told that they could set their own goals within that frame, so some went for maybe 25 or 30 or 50, whatever. Those who wanted to do 100 did so. I happened to be training for a couple distance swims, so it was a great opportunity, though even my coach suggested stopping at 80--but when I got to 80, I figured, why not 20 more. My times were very slow, but I felt okay and the weather was perfect. Had no problems afterward that I recall, just tired, but I don't think I even missed the next swim practice. We were going to have a 100x100 yard swim in December, but we train in a college pool, and it wasn't available the day the swim was scheduled. I would have gone for maybe 40-50x100, which would be a bit of a jump in distance, but not overly much. I'm not fanatic about forcing something past what I'm ready for, but do enjoy extending my limits. It's part of the fun. But it doesn't have to be an exercise in masochism.
Children
No Data