new years workout - be smart

please don't be an idiot and try 100x100s for the 1st time in your life this next week. all that ends up is major shoulder issues that take a very long time to heal
Parents
  • There's nothing wrong with 100x100 if you've worked up to it and are swimming on a realistic interval. I did it a couple times several years ago when I was doing 5k and 10k postal swims (so had the yardage under my belt). The local Y masters club is doing it New Year's Eve morning, and I may join them, but will adjust my distance and number of repeats accordingly. I don't know how it will be set up. If necessary, I will mix in some 75s if the interval is too fast for me or I want to do some back or ***, and certainly won't aim to do 100 of anything, probably hopping out around the n=25 mark.
  • There's nothing wrong with 100x100 if you've worked up to it and are swimming on a realistic interval. I did it a couple times several years ago when I was doing 5k and 10k postal swims (so had the yardage under my belt). The local Y masters club is doing it New Year's Eve morning, and I may join them, but will adjust my distance and number of repeats accordingly. I don't know how it will be set up. If necessary, I will mix in some 75s if the interval is too fast for me or I want to do some back or ***, and certainly won't aim to do 100 of anything, probably hopping out around the n=25 mark.
Children
No Data