First swim meet, maybe

I just got an email about a meet in the Adirondack LMSC on January 21. I have never done a pool race before and only one open water swim. I've been practicing fast 50s and 100s a couple times a week and I'd like to see how I might do in competition. The problem is, I can't practice diving in to start since the pools where I work out say no diving (except in meets). So how do I get some practice at it. I'm afraid the goggles will pop off as they have the few times that I ever did try it.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Well, you can swim without the goggles. I did that when I did some masters meets over 12 years ago. I was used to it from doing that in meets as a kid. That is what I going to do at the local senior Olympics. I might also start from the deck since the starting blocks at the pool where the senior Olympics is at is high. I don't wear a cap either since I wear short hair.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Well, you can swim without the goggles. I did that when I did some masters meets over 12 years ago. I was used to it from doing that in meets as a kid. That is what I going to do at the local senior Olympics. I might also start from the deck since the starting blocks at the pool where the senior Olympics is at is high. I don't wear a cap either since I wear short hair.
Children
No Data