First swim meet, maybe

I just got an email about a meet in the Adirondack LMSC on January 21. I have never done a pool race before and only one open water swim. I've been practicing fast 50s and 100s a couple times a week and I'd like to see how I might do in competition. The problem is, I can't practice diving in to start since the pools where I work out say no diving (except in meets). So how do I get some practice at it. I'm afraid the goggles will pop off as they have the few times that I ever did try it.
Parents
  • Can you dive in from the pool deck where you workout? While not the same thing, it's better than nothing. Also most meets will allow you to take some practice starts from the blocks during warm up. Usually there will be dedicated "sprint\start" lanes towards the end of warmups. Tighten up the goggle strap if they pop off. Also you could put a cap over your goggles strap to help secure them. Some people wear cap, goggles, then a second cap.
  • Can you dive in from the pool deck where you workout? While not the same thing, it's better than nothing. Also most meets will allow you to take some practice starts from the blocks during warm up. Usually there will be dedicated "sprint\start" lanes towards the end of warmups. Tighten up the goggle strap if they pop off. Also you could put a cap over your goggles strap to help secure them. Some people wear cap, goggles, then a second cap.
Children
No Data