Leg Cramps

Former Member
Former Member
I'm in my early 70's and have been swimming since childhood. This year, for the first time ever, my legs have been cramping during workouts, usually after about a mile. I use fins. I imagine this is related to the aging process but maybe there are other factors. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Parents
  • you should also easily find that pickle juice is NOT an answer. just google it. you have an imbalance that the pickle juice merely tricks into working. you could just as well poke your eye or bite your cheek. currently there are plenty of studies out that show absolutely NO reason how to cause a cramp to go away. The researchers propose that the acidic pickle juice triggers a reflex when it hits a nerve center on the back of the throat. This reflex sends a signal to the nervous system to shut down the overactive neurons causing the cramp. its not the pickle juice that does anything...its your reaction to it in a non-related way Except that it works. Yes we don't know how, but if you have a cramp and you get fast relief,how is that a bad thing?
  • you should also easily find that pickle juice is NOT an answer. just google it. you have an imbalance that the pickle juice merely tricks into working. you could just as well poke your eye or bite your cheek. currently there are plenty of studies out that show absolutely NO reason how to cause a cramp to go away. The researchers propose that the acidic pickle juice triggers a reflex when it hits a nerve center on the back of the throat. This reflex sends a signal to the nervous system to shut down the overactive neurons causing the cramp. its not the pickle juice that does anything...its your reaction to it in a non-related way Except that it works. Yes we don't know how, but if you have a cramp and you get fast relief,how is that a bad thing?
Children
No Data