David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

Former Member
Former Member
nm
  • Actually the "Secret Sauce" effect has been known for some time: "…when Ryan Lochte competed in the Summer Games in Beijing, he took his meals at the McDonald’s in the Olympic Village. “Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,” he later told ESPN, explaining simply: “I knew what I was getting.” " www.outsideonline.com/.../ryan-lochte-will-not-be-defeated Obviously, Lochte spilled the "secret" to Marsh when he went to train at SwimMAC.
  • Doesn't Secret (aka Special) Sauce come on a "Whopper" at Burger King? Are we discussing a Whopper here? I think Israel probably already has Burger Kings. And if we test for secret sauce, then it won't be a secret anymore, just a sauce.:2cents:
  • Doesn't Secret (aka Special) Sauce come on a "Whopper" at Burger King? Are we discussing a Whopper here? I think Israel probably already has Burger Kings. And if we test for secret sauce, then it won't be a secret anymore, just a sauce.:2cents: Big Mac. The creator of the Big Mac passed away recently. I thought the secret of the special sauce went with him.
  • Big Mac. The creator of the Big Mac passed away recently. I thought the secret of the special sauce went with him. I thought it was Thousand Island dressing?
  • I thought it was Thousand Island dressing? So the Israelis don't already have Thousand Island dressing?
  • We want to win and destroy the opposition, not help them.No, "we" don’t. Or at least I don’t want to destroy any other swimmer or swimming program. And when given the opportunity I will try to help my fellow swimmers. There is already too much evil and malice in the world today. There is no need for our swimming community to willingly try to destroy anyone.
  • Sharing these secrets with other countries like Israel is bad. They will likely sell it to Russia and China. Where does it stop? So based on your argument, we should stop allowing international swimmers from joining our college teams, because they might learn something and take it back "home?" They still represent their home countries in the Olympics and other international competition, so in reality, these so called secrets are already being shared. And what good is a competition, if the playing field isn't somewhat level. It's no fun blowing out the other team all the time (or getting destroyed for that matter).
  • So based on your argument, we should stop allowing international swimmers from joining our college teams, because they might learn something and take it back "home?" They still represent their home countries in the Olympics and other international competition, so in reality, these so called secrets are already being shared. And what good is a competition, if the playing field isn't somewhat level. It's no fun blowing out the other team all the time (or getting destroyed for that matter). I'm not sure logical questions are appropriate here. This guy appears to have a serious case of special sauce envy and likely won't be talked out of it by facts or logic.